I hope this letter finds you and your loved ones well.
Recent global events have changed all our lives. We are all inundated daily by new information, statistics, instructions and challenges that just a few weeks ago were unimaginable. But, the hope of slowly returning to a new normal is on the horizon!
We are back in the office as of May 4th and are looking forward to seeing our patients. I want to personally assure you that my office continues the steadfast commitment and undiminished competence to professionally and safely deliver optimum dental care. We continue to carefully monitor the current COVID-19 situation, getting the latest updated information from reliable sources followed by training - the entire team has been certified by the World Health Organization in COVID-19 "Infection Prevention and Control for Novel Coronavirus" and "Proper Use of Covid-19 PPE" followed by the implementation of protocol and policy. Our absolute main concern is the safety of our patients, our dental team and all our families.
The new normal for dentistry will immediately look different and stay that way for a long time. Your cooperation and patience are particularly important as these changes take place for your safety and the safety of the dental team.
We respectfully ask:
- If you have a fever, cough or sore throat, muscle aches or any flu-like symptoms that you postpone making an appointment or reschedule your scheduled appointment and contact your primary care provider today.
- Wear a mask entering and leaving both the building and the dental office.
- If possible; please come to your appointment without additional family members or companions. If this is unavoidable, ask that person to drop you off and we will notify them as you are leaving to return to get you, or they may wait for you in the parking lot.
- Everyone entering the office will have their temperature taken and a COVID-19 screening form will be required to be filled out and signed.
- The temperature readings and the screening form will dictate if treatment will commence that day or simply be rescheduled.
What you will notice:
- There is significantly less seating in the reception area.
- There are no reading materials in the office.
- Six feet of social distancing is marked off.
- Only the scheduled patient will be called back to the clinic area; with limited exceptions to include one parent of a minor child under 12 years old and/or special needs patients.
- The dental team will continue to follow all the infection control standards of care implemented prior to and because of this crisis.
What will never change is our solid commitment to our patients and the positive and hopeful attitude of my team! Your peace of mind is extremely important to us, especially as we navigate through this troubled time.
We would like to extend our sincerest gratitude to our health care professional patients serving on the front lines in our communities and we extend prayers to those patients personally affected by this unprecedented crisis.
Please remember your oral health is “essential” and we encourage you to be diligent and proactive about your routine and restorative dental care.
Thank you for your trust and we look forward to seeing you very soon!
George L. Garza, DDS and the Garza Team